Trinity Lane Insurance

Home » Existing Clients » How To Claim

How To Claim

Trinity Lane has authorised Hadleigh Claims Management to deal with your claim on their behalf.

Policyholder new claimline: 0344 3814420

Existing claimsline: 0344 3814599

To help us process your claim, please make sure you have your policy details to hand when you contact us. We will also need you to tell us the precise details of the incident.

The address to refer any claims correspondence to is:
Trinity Lane Insurance
Hadleigh Claims Management
13 Apton Road
Bishop's Stortford
CM23 3SD

Have you had an accident involving a Trinity Lane policyholder?

You can notify us of the accident by calling 0344 381 4599 or emailing and we will process your claim.

What do I need to do after an accident?

In the event of an accident, the following actions are required by law:

  • You must stop - it is a serious offence not to do so
  • You must give your name and address to anyone involved in the incident, together with details of your car and the insurer
  • If you are unable to notify the police at the scene of the accident, you must report it to them as soon as possible, and in any case within 24 hours
  • You must show your Certificate of Motor Insurance to the police if they need to see it

Who will repair my car?

Hadleigh Claims Management have a nationwide network of approved garages who have been personally selected because of their excellent customer service and quality repairs.

The Service will:

  • Arrange for your damaged car to be collected
  • Leave a courtesy car for your use whilst your car is being repaired
  • Repair your car and redeliver it to you
  • Guarantee all repair work for 5 years

Will I get a courtesy car?

If one of the approved garages, selected by The Service, is chosen to repair the vehicle, a courtesy car will be provided. The courtesy car (a small family saloon or similar) will be provided free of charge for the duration of the repairs.

Please note, a courtesy car is NOT available IF:

  • Your car has been stolen and has not been recovered, or
  • Your car has been damaged beyond economical repair, or
  • Your car was damaged whilst your policy was extended for use abroad, or
  • Your car is used for commercial travelling, driving instruction or public or private hire
  • A garage of your choice is used

What is 'policy excess'?

Policy excess is the first part of any claim made that you are required to pay. Your excess may vary depending on the type of claim or who was driving your car when an accident occurred (please check your policy schedule for the amount applicable).

What is 'total loss'?

If the cost of the repairs to your car exceeds the market value of your car, then it may be classed as being damaged beyond economical repair (or a total loss).

What is the 'market value' of my car?

The market value is the cost of replacing your car with one of a similar specification, age, condition and mileage.